How you were treated may be contrary to the Equality Act 2010 and the Student Code on Dignity and Respect (found here ).
It is important to consider the following steps:

●     Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can contact the emergency services on 999 (or 112 from a mobile phone).
●     Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. 
●     Is there anyone you trust nearby that you can talk to?

●     Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence.
●     University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow. An independent advisor can help talk you through this process.

Get Support 
●     Find out what support is available if you think you have been mistreated at
Mental Health and Wellbeing
●     Find out more on the support available for mental health and wellbeing at

●     Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, speak to a member of the Wellbeing team by visiting .

There are three ways you can tell us what happened